Curb appeal is one of the most important features affecting the value of a property. It not only influences property values, it sets the stage for how the home’s interior will be perceived. Probably no one aspect of a home’s exterior affects the look of a home more than the exterior surface chosen to beautify and protect the home. Although there are many surfaces from which to choose for a home’s exterior, we will be comparing two of the most popular, brick and vinyl siding.
Brick vs. Vinyl Siding
When choosing an exterior covering for their home, appearance and strength are important considerations for a homeowner. While most exterior housing surfaces resist weather, vinyl siding and brick both stand out as great choices for long-lasting durability and beauty.
Vinyl Siding Benefits
Vinyl siding requires minimal maintenance, needing only to be hosed off several times a year. It is available in a wide variety of colors and styles. Maintaining its color, vinyl siding provides long lasting beauty without the need to ever lift a paintbrush. It provides an insulating layer to the home’s exterior which reduces heating and cooling costs.
Vinyl siding provides a distinctive home exterior and works well in the design of contemporary homes. Impervious to water, it eliminates the problems of moisture related issues such as rot and decay.
There are additional benefits when a homeowner in Utah uses vertical vinyl siding. It:
- Provides impressive savings on heating and cooling costs, especially when insulated vinyl is installed.
- Provides extraordinary sound absorbing benefits using innovation insulation technology.
- Withstands up to 240 mph hurricane-force winds.
- Is a great low-maintenance exterior home covering that won’t sag, buckle, or warp?
- Is extremely durable and is backed by our V.I.P. limited lifetime warranty.
Brick can provide your home with a rustic appearance whose beauty will last for decades. That beauty, however, comes at a higher price. Although both brick and vinyl siding can increase the beauty and value of your home, they are at opposite ends of the cost spectrum. Additionally, brick’s labor-intensive installation process translates to a higher installation cost.
Advantages of choosing brick include:
- Low maintenance. Once installed, a brick exterior can last a very long time.
- When combined with insulation, it is a good thermal insulator that reduces energy costs.
- When combined with insulation, it is an effective noise barrier keeping noise out of your home.
- Its resistance to termites, fire and weather often results in lowered insurance rates.
- Made from clay and shale, two of the earth’s most abundant materials, brick is eco-friendly.
Although brick is extremely durable and considered a permanent siding option, it can deteriorate, especially at the joints. Other limitations and problems to consider when choosing brick include:
- It’s limited color options and variations.
- Due to brick’s porous nature, problems with drainage and mold may arise.
- Brick’s effects on global warming are three times greater than vinyl siding.
- If damaged, brick is labor intensive and costly to repair.
Choose Advanced Window Products
- Offers quality installation processes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Uses a Mastic Home Exterior vinyl siding product.
- We offer 0% down and no interest for 60 months
- Ensures that your Utah home will be tightly sealed against the natural elements.
- Offers an I.P. limited lifetime warranty on all parts and labor.
- Has 25 years’ experience installing vinyl siding in Utah, Idaho and Wyoming
- Has a siding license with the state of Utah
- Has Certified installers through the Vital Institute
- Carries a full line of vinyl siding products in a wide variety of colors and styles.
At Advanced Window Products, we provide high-quality installations in Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming. Contact Advanced Window Products online, or call us at 801-505-9622 to find out how we can help you beautify and protect your home with vinyl siding. Call to get a free quote today!