Why Does Your Home Need Insulated Vinyl Siding?Are you looking for a cost effective way to improve the look and function of your home’s exterior? Well, look no further. Vinyl siding is the #1 exterior cladding in the United States, and when considering that air leakage can account for up to 30% or more of a Utah home’s heating and cooling energy costs, insulated vinyl siding provides an obvious solution. Insulated vinyl siding’s purpose is to reduce energy consumption, increasing the insulation value of the wall system and improve the stability and curb appeal of the siding. Additionally, insulated vinyl siding serves as a noise barrier to external noise.
How Insulated Vinyl Siding WorksOn the outside, insulated vinyl siding looks as beautiful and attractive as any other vinyl siding on the market. Underneath this standard exterior though, is a polystyrene (EPS) foam interior that has been permanently attached to it. This substantial layer of insulation helps slow the transfer of heat as it moves through the walls of your home from outside or from inside your home to the outside. It's designed to keep the climate inside your home comfortable, regardless of the weather outdoors.
Insulated Vinyl Siding Features and Benefits
- Comes in a variety of sizes, finishes, styles and colors
- Energy efficient ¾ inch thick foam insulation provides energy savings and an increased R-value
- Foil backing provides a second water barrier shield
- Certified vinyl siding is tested to withstand winds of 110+ mph
- Weather barrier shield can withstand the hottest summers and sub-zero winters
- Anti-fade color protection
- All backed by a Lifetime warranty