SHGC: 0.37 / U-FACTOR: 0.25 / TDW: 0.53 / LIGHT TRANS: 70%
- LoĒ²-270 glass features a unique coating that has been specially formulated to reject the suns heat, damaging rays and keep your home cool and comfortable.
- Using Cardinals state-of-the-art vacuum sputtering process, the glass is coated with microscopically thin, optically transparent layers of silver sandwiched between layers of anti-reflective metal oxide coatings.
- The patented LoĒ² coating provides the best clarity and highest performance of all low solar gain low-emissivity glass products.
- LoĒ²-270’s patented coating blocks 83% of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays and 96% of the suns infrared heat.
As the chart below shows, the insulating capability of LoĒ²-270 is superior to that of competitive products. In fact, the insulating potential of LoĒ² coatings is equivalent to a four-pane insulating glass unit!
- LoĒ²-270 reduces solar heat gain by 50% or more when compared to ordinary glass.
- Although it is a clear glass, LoĒ²-270 even outperforms ordinary tinted glass typically used in sunny climates.
- Even though its coated, LoĒ²-270 lets the light shine in to warm your house during the cooler winter months.
- Cardinal’s LoĒ² coatings reduce not just interior discomfort, but also annual energy costs.
- Now, instead of shutting out the sun during the hot summer months, you can let the light shine in without letting the heat come too.