Prepare Your Home for Summer Temperatures
The summer months are on their way—is your home prepared for Utah’s extreme heat?
Winter has a way of wearing away at a house, so each spring you’ll want to give your home a “tune-up”—repair or replace worn elements, add extra weather stripping, and take all necessary steps to protect your home from the weather.
Here are some ways to prepare your home for the summer. By following these tips, you can ensure that your family stays cool even as you save money on cooling costs.
- Install weather stripping around windows and doors to keep the cold air in your home from escaping.
- Clean and test your air conditioning system before the summer begins.
- Consider investing in window tinting that will block harmful UV rays while still allowing plenty of sunlight into your home.
- If you have ceiling fans, change them so they rotate counterclockwise (there will usually be a switch near the light fixture.) This will keep your room slightly cooler by making sure that the colder air circulates through the entire room.
- Replace the filters in your cooling system. You should do this at least once a year, as it will help keep your AC system working efficiently.
Preparing your home for the summer will save you money, while also protecting you from the high temperatures outside. Another great thing you can do for your family and your home is to invest in new windows and doors from your Utah replacement window specialists.